(Events) — Bo Xilai (Pinyin: Bó Xīlái; born 3 July 1949) is a former Chinese politician. He came to prominence through his tenures as the mayor of the coastal economic hub of Dalian and then governor of Liaoning province https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_Xilai
Words By Client
Up triangle: word added. Down triangle: word removed. Blue for Sina UC, orange is TOM-Skype.
When events occur close together, pressing the "Toggle bars" button may help to determine which occured first. Grey to red indicates a keyword was added, red to grey is a removal. Different sources have their bars at different heights within the band. Multiple bars (which may appear as a single thicker bar) around the same event means that more than one source was involved.
Related News Events
Shown as grey dashed lines in above timeline
- 2011-11-14: Neil Heywood dies
- 2012-01-28: Wang Lijun (王立军), chief of Chongqing's Public Security Bureau, reports to Bo that Gu is a suspect in the murder of Heywood.
- 2012-02-02: Wang Lijun (王立军), is removed from his position
- 2012-02-06: Wang Lijun flees to U.S. consulate
- 2012-03-16: Bo Xilai dismissed as Chongqing party chief
- 2012-03-19: document entitled "Report on the Investigation and Assessment of Wang Lijun's Personal Visit to the American Consulate in Chengdu" begins to circulate on the Internet
- 2012-04-20: Gu Kailai detained by authorities
- 2012-07-26: Gui Kalai charged with Heywood's murder
- 2012-08-20: Gu Kailai convicted and sentenced for murder of Heywood
- 2012-09-28: Announcement that Bo Xilai is expelled from CPC